In 2009 there was an investigation into problems from the use of many different spot-on flea control products that seemed to escalate in 2008. Although results were discussed briefly in spring of 2010, the news didn’t seem to get picked up.
I just completed my certification in a flea control as part of a new program of education for Parasite Control Counselor which is a project through the American Animal Hospital Association. This program was made possible by a grant through Merial.
Since I’ll be traveling, you might want to contact Dr Flea for any interviews on the topic.
Now, we are again at the beginning of flea season in many parts of the United States and this would be a timely news. I wrote about the EPA flea treatment investigation before but it is an evergreen topic especially with these stories:
- Promeris to be pulled off the market
- Sergeant’s Generic Flea Product Now Available
- Target Now Sells Pet Specific Medications
- Target Now Sells Flea Products
- WalMart Now sells Flea Products
- Dr Flea Named Vet of the Year (2010)
- Beware Counterfeit Flea Products